A spectacular four-season nature/wildlife preserve awaits your arrival at 464 Brownsburg Road West. Turning off Brownsburg Road you will follow a gravel driveway over two small bridges and up a hill where you will stop as the automatic deer fence opens for you. Once inside the gate you can drive up to the main house or continue beyond to the guest cottage. Under the covered porch, the front door welcomes you into the foyer with the formal dining room on your left, a well-appointed kitchen straight ahead and a wonderful family/entertainment room with fully equipped wine bar on your right. Here, you can entertain your guests comfortably and within easy reach of what is being prepared in the kitchen. Walking through the family room takes you to a four-season sun porch - currently the favored dining area to sit down with special friends. If you are lucky, on a winter evening you will be able to watch the snowflakes fall outside the room while a small fireplace flickers behind you. Head back across the family room and through the foyer into the formal dining room which can easily seat 14 guests. Between the formal dining room and kitchen is a bright and cheery breakfast area/game room or make it whatever you choose. The kitchen has all of the requisite appliances all within easy reach, near the breakfast nook, guest bath, laundry & dog wash area. Completing the 1st floor is the master bedroom suite with propane fireplace, radiant heated bamboo floor & stunning spa with 360-degree outdoor views. In warmer weather, an outdoor patio is a great place for a private cup of coffee or a romantic glass of wine. On the second floor are three more large bedrooms and two baths + an office/hobby room. There is a glass door in the kitchen that opens to stairs leading to the basement. The basement currently houses a large recreation area that can be easily modified to suit your needs. In addition, there is a large storage area and a utility room. You can exit the house from the kitchen door, walk past the water lily pond and begin to explore the expansive gardens filled with native plants while listening to the chirps of assorted wild birds. Follow the steps up to the stunning saltwater swimming pool with blue stone deck and imagine yourself spending summer days and evenings taking in the sounds of nature while you unwind. Outdoor entertaining is glamorous under the gazebo, rain or shine and if your guests linger, you can offer them your guest cottage complete with 2nd floor porch overlooking the grounds, a kitchenette with bedroom and living area. The 1st floor area has a bright & airy office for private meetings & many other uses. There is also a one bay garage with overhead door for pool equipment storage. Take time to stroll the grounds where you will find a covered bird watching platform. On cooler evenings, gather around the fire pit & wait until the dark blue sky fills with millions of twinkling stars. Or find a quiet area with a hammock to read your favorite book and be sure to find the rope swing if you are so inclined. If your feel the need for some exercise, follow the trail around the perimeter of the property several times to get started. Or simply wander, explore and birdwatch, and enjoy the total privacy of this retreat. There are mature apple and pear trees bearing fruit, blueberry bushes and a raised bed kitchen vegetable garden with cold frames to extend the growing season. Across the bridge outside the deer fence, a trail runs through a mature hardwood forest. This exquisite rural area contains numerous equestrian estates and acres of preserved land ensuring your privacy and tranquility. Proximity to the stores, schools and parks is five minutes. Drive time to Philadelphia is usually less than one hour and Manhattan is 83 miles. Amtrak, NJT & SEPTA rail serve nearby Trenton and other local stations. Thirty minutes to Princeton. Visit soon... this home is too special to miss!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial, 2 Story, Carriage House
3 Full/1 Half
Electric Water Heater, Oil Hot Water Heater, LP Ga
Grinder Pump, Mound Septic System, Septic
4,970 sq. ft
Yes - 1 space
Yes -2 spaces
Cable TV, Telephone, Underground
COUNCIL ROCK HIGH SCHOOL NORTH
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Storage, Sun Room, Foyer, Office, Utility Room, Florida Room, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- Butler Pantry, Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower, Whirlpool Bath
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Trash Compactor, Cooktop Downdraft, Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Dryer, Energy Star Appliance(S), Exhaust Fan/Hood, Ice Maker, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer, De-Humidifier, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet, Wood, Stone
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Zone, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Wood. Radiant, Heat Pump.
- Full, Full Finished
- Casement, Double Pane, Screened, Skylights
- 4. Gas Burning, Insert, Wood-burning.
- Other, Entry Level Bedroom.
- 24 Hour Security, Security Gate
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Bar, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Curved Stair, Recessed Lights, Sauna, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, wine storage, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Garage Spaces. 2 Carport Spaces.
- Balcony, Patio, Porch
- Pool Description
- Child safety fence, In-ground, Saltwater
- Heated Spa, Indoor
- Lot View
- Other, Trees/Woods
- Irregular, Sloped
- Invisible, Other
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Playground, Landscaped, Not In Development, Back Yard, Side Yard, Trees, Front Yard, Atrium. Backs To Trees, Landscaping, Partly Wooded, Private, Rear Yard, Secluded, Sideyard(S), Sloping, Stream/Creek, Trees/Wooded, Vegetation Planting, Front Yard, Irregular, Pond, Premium, Rural.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price